|Elizabeth Drummond was born before 1473. She was the daughter of John Drummond, 1st Lord Drummond and Lady Elizabeth Lindsay.2,1 She married, secondly, George Douglas, Master of Angus, son of Archibald Douglas, 5th Earl of Angus and Elizabeth Boyd, between July 1485 and 31 January 1489.1 She married, firstly, Sir David Fleming before 1488.1 She died after 21 August 1514.1 |
From before 1488, her married name became Fleming.1 From before March 1488, her married name became Douglas.
Sir David Fleming b. before 1472, d. before 1488
George Douglas, Master of Angus b. circa 1469, d. 9 September 1513
1. Archibald Douglas, 6th Earl of Angus+ b. c 1490, d. Jan 1556/571
2. Elizabeth Douglas b. b 14943
3. Alison Douglas b. b 14963
4. Margaret Douglas+ b. b 14983
5. Sir George Douglas+ b. b 1500, d. Aug 15524
6. Janet Douglas+ b. b 1512, d. 17 Jul 15373
7. William Douglas b. b 1513, d. 2 Oct 15283
1. G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume I, page 157. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
2. Peter W. Hammond, editor, The Complete Peerage or a History of the House of Lords and All its Members From the Earliest Times, Volume XIV: Addenda & Corrigenda (Stroud, Gloucestershire, U.K.: Sutton Publishing, 1998), page 27. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage, Volume XIV.
3. Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, 2 volumes (Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 1999), volume 1, page 1282. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition.
4. Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume I, page 158.
|George Douglas, Master of Angus was born circa 1469. He was the son of Archibald Douglas, 5th Earl of Angus and Elizabeth Boyd. He married Elizabeth Drummond, daughter of John Drummond, 1st Lord Drummond and Lady Elizabeth Lindsay, between July 1485 and 31 January 1489. He died on 9 September 1513 at Flodden Field, Northumberland, England, killed in action.|
George Douglas, Master of Angus was styled as Master of Angus between 1470 and 1513. He fought in the Battle of Flodden on 9 September 1513.
Children of George Douglas, Master of Angus and Elizabeth Drummond
Sir George Douglas+ d. Aug 1552
William Douglas d. 2 Oct 1528
Janet Douglas+ d. 17 Jul 1537
Archibald Douglas, 6th Earl of Angus+ b. c 1490, d. Jan 1556/57
|Last Modified 15 Jan 2009||Created 3 Jun 2012 using Reunion for Macintosh|